Interior Designer (Intern) - Geneva, IL
Haven Interiors Studio
The Interior Design Intern will provide administrative support to the Designer staff and also help in the design process. Will interface with vendors as well retail walk-in customers.
- Assist the lead designers on projects with space planning, placement of furniture, color coordination.
- Maintain organized and accurate client binders.
- Organize library samples and design studio.
- Follow up with vendors / suppliers, as needed.
- Site surveying – measuring spaces.
- Check stock, lead-time and pricing of items.
- Be on-site for shipment / deliveries / installations as required.
- Greet walk-in customers.
- Record and keep track of design hours for purposes of billing.
- Respect the intimate nature of a client relationship by being discrete.
- Associate degree in interior design, or currently in school for interior design.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Suite, SketchUp and or Auto Cad.
- Prepares handmade and digital designs.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Valid drivers license.
Scott Carroll – Business Manager
posted: 9 – 10 – 21