Interior Design Assistant - Geneva, IL
Haven Interiors LTD
The interior designer assistant will provide administrative support to the lead designers and also help in the design process. Will interface with vendors, contractors, clients and retail walk in customers.
- Assist the Lead Designers on projects with space planning, placement of furniture, color coordination.
- Maintain organized and accurate client binders.
- Organize library samples and design studio.
- Follow up with vendors/suppliers/clients as needed.
- Site surveying – measuring spaces.
- Create estimates and portfolios for clients.
- Check stock, lead-time and pricing of items.
- Coordinate delivery and installation schedules.
- Be on-site for shipments/deliveries/installations as required. • Greet walk-in customers.
- Record and keep track of design hours for purposes of billing.
- Associates degree in interior design.
- 1 plus years experience in home furnishings.
- Computer skills – Mircosoft Suite, SketchUp.
- Prepares handmade and digital designs.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
- Reliable, resourceful, and adaptable.
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Creative with rational thought.
- Possesses a positive attitude.
Compensation – Competitive salary. Opportunity for advancement. 401K savings plan (once eligible), along with the potential of profit sharing bonuses. Paid vacation time.